ARTICLE THAT MENTIONED KYOLIC
The Effect of Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract on Gut Microbiota, Inflammation, and Cardiovascular Markers in Hypertensives: The GarGIC Trial
- 1National Institute of Integrative Medicine, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- 2Discipline of General Practice, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
- 3Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, Bond University, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Background: Previous research suggests Kyolic-aged-garlic-extract to be effective in reducing blood pressure in a large proportion of hypertensive patients similar to first-line standard antihypertensive medication. High blood pressure has been linked to gut dysbiosis, with a significant decrease in microbial richness and diversity in hypertensives compared to normotensives. Furthermore, gut dysbiosis has been associated with increased inflammatory status and risk of cardiovascular events.
Objective: To assess the effect of Kyolic aged GARlic extract on Gut microbiota, Inflammation, and Cardiovascular markers, including blood pressure, pulse wave velocity and arterial stiffness.
Methods: A total of 49 participants with uncontrolled hypertension completed a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial of 12-weeks, investigating the effect of daily intake of aged-garlic-extract (1.2 g containing 1.2 mg S-allylcysteine) or placebo on blood pressure, pulse wave velocity and arterial stiffness, inflammatory markers, and gut microbiota.
Results: Mean blood pressure was significantly reduced by 10 ± 3.6 mmHg systolic and 5.4 ± 2.3 mmHg diastolic compared to placebo. Vitamin B12 status played a role in responsiveness to garlic on blood pressure in 17% of patients. Garlic significantly lowered central blood pressure, pulse pressure and arterial stiffness (p < 0.05). Trends observed in inflammatory markers TNF-α and IL-6 need to be confirmed in larger trials. Furthermore, aged-garlic-extract improved gut microbiota, evident by higher microbial richness and diversity with a marked increase in Lactobacillus and Clostridia species after 3 months of supplementation.
Conclusions: Kyolic-aged-garlic-extract is effective in reducing blood pressure in patients with uncontrolled hypertension, and has the potential to improve arterial stiffness, inflammation, and gut microbial profile. Aged-garlic-extract is highly tolerable with a high safety profile as a stand-alone or adjunctive antihypertensive treatment, with multiple benefits for cardiovascular health.
Trial Registration: Australian New Zealand Clinical Trial Registry ACTRN12616000185460 (https://www.anzctr.org.au/Trial/Registration/TrialReview.aspx?id=370096)
FURTHER READINGS AND CREDIT:
FRONTIERS IN MEDICINE-AUSTRALIA ORIGINAL REVIEW ARTICLE
Posted on Mar 20, 2021
My boyfriend was taking medication for his high blood pressure and I got some Kyolic Garlic for him to try. It is such a big help in keeping his blood pressure down. I know how powerful an antioxidant garlic is. Kyolic brand has no after smell or taste, and although I am not a chemist, I feel it is just the right blend with other ingredients to make it very effective in regulating blood pressure!
Posted on Feb 27, 2021My pressure started at 160/97 and was stress related. I have been taking these for about 3 weeks now and it’s down to 130/68. They are amazing to say the least!😌
Posted on Nov 18, 2021I’m 32/F and this worked to lower my bp. Before taking this I was around 140-160/80-111 down to around 111-120/75-80 when I measure it now. Finished the bottle and am getting a 2nd one. I Recommend.
Posted on Oct 11, 2021This brand is superior quality, it is the best aged garlic extract. the synergy is great for heart health.
Posted on Aug 14, 2021I love the lyolic garlic, So healthy and good for my immune system.
Posted on Jul 21, 2021Feel it assists with blood pressure along with proper diet and exercise.
Posted on May 30, 2021This really works. It may take a few weeks, but it really works. Just like the other reviews said. Wow. Thank you Kyolic.
Posted on Dec 12, 2020Great for keeping blood pressure in order.
Posted on Aug 9, 2021Helps with my husbands high blood pressure
Posted on Jul 27, 2020This product is helping me to lower my blood pressure, it is easy to take with food. There are no negative side effects.
Posted on Apr 8, 2011My blood pressure is down, not sure if Kyolic is the reason because I had to get back on my prescription med since it was getting so high, 189/90. I'm going to stay on the Aged Garlic and see if I can't gradually ween myself off the meds, with doctor supervision of course.
Posted on Jun 27, 2010I think this is the best garlic formula out because you get a real two-fer here being coupled with natto. It is more expensive and I would be happier if iHerb carried it in a bigger, more cost-effective, bottle. I take garlic for my blood pressure, along with other things (primarily Soloray Calcium Citrate & Magnesium 1:1 ratio supplement). Natto breaks down fibrin, which causes heart/circulatory problems as people age. It is also one of the recommended supplements in a regime to ward off fibroid tumors.
Posted on May 22, 2014I bought these for a HBP issue & am not entirely sure that they work for me as I have not had a follow-up check-up as yet. Also, as with any supplement it takes time to see results. I will update my review when I get some results. I am happy that it contains Natto but not pleased that it contains Magnesium Stearate, a filler & flow agent.
Posted on Mar 16, 2013Tried different garlic formulas before, but this one seems to to the trick. Lowered my BP to a normal healthy range within weeks. Suntheanine is very calming and the Nattokinase breaks down blood clots.
Posted on Aug 28, 2011My Blood Pressure came down, in particular the lower number that was elevated. My doctor was pleased, I was pleased and I am keeping this product as a daily supplement that keeps the doctor from nagging me about my blood pressure.
Posted on Mar 1, 2011am now taking 2 caps and sprinkling on my food;with 160.000 h.u.s of african bird's eye cayenne,(just a pinch)not only my b.p. has normalized, but my serum cholesterol hdl/ldl has too. great product if used judicially.
Posted on Mar 1, 2011am now taking 2 caps and sprinkling on my food;with 160.000 h.u.s of african bird's eye cayenne,(just a pinch)not only my b.p. has normalized, but my serum cholesterol hdl/ldl has too. great product if used judicially.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010Lowered my bp by 20 pts, both on diastolic and systolic. When I went off for a month to see if it was this product lowering it, my bp shot back up about 10 pts on each. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product.
Posted on Nov 16, 2010I take 4 of these each day to maintain healthy heart vessels.
Posted on Dec 15, 2020|
Machine Translated from Russian
I took these capsules of garlic to regulate blood pressure. I really love this particular brand of the manufacturer. I saw it as recommended on the package. The effect is there! The pressure has stopped jumping, even not very favorable weather conditions do not have such a strong effect on me as before. There were no side effects. , there were no allergic reactions either. I use a course - I drink for a month, then a break for a month. I don't want to get addicted.
Posted on Apr 12, 2021|
Machine Translated from Russian
I am very pleased with the purchase! Well suited for normalizing blood pressure. The action is improved by the concurrent intake of omega and magnesium. If you liked the review or was helpful, please click Helpful :-)
Posted on Nov 14, 2021|
Machine Translated from Russian
Garlic with an enhanced blood thinning ability - the substance nattokinase has been added, due to which the pressure decreases faster. Theanine (the third component in the capsule) gently relaxes and soothes.
Posted on Jul 2, 2021|
Machine Translated from Arabic
The best medicine for satisfaction. Pressure is useful. Please like. May God bless you both
Posted on Jan 2, 2021|
Machine Translated from Russian
It normalizes blood pressure to a small extent, but still it is not a panacea. Can be used in combination with other drugs. Not everyone will use a tool based on it. it is a rather aggressive product.
Posted on Jul 12, 2021|
Machine Translated from Russian
We took it to mom to improve the work of blood vessels and reduce pressure, we are happy with the effect
Posted on Feb 10, 2021|
Machine Translated from Russian
Good for normalizing blood pressure. The effect is improved when omega and magnesium are taken in parallel.
Posted on Jan 24, 2021|
Machine Translated from Russian
My father has recently started having problems with blood pressure. Garlic plus q10 keep the heart and blood vessels normal. Supports omega and magnesium
CREDIT AND FURTHER READING:
IHERB.COM
MORE COMING-RESEARCH IN PROGRESS
Comments
Post a Comment